POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : colors and glowing : Re: colors and glowing Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: colors and glowing
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 8 May 2000 21:22:24
Message: <39176851.C44A0F73@student.kuleuven.ac.be>
The 6th color-element (glow) would have nothing to do with the actual
render-process.  The post-processor would use it to check if it should
add the glow or not.  I think this way is the most flexibel way to
implement the glowing.  Per-object glowing wouldn't be interesting, I
think.  Say I have a spaceship with windows.  The windows would be a
texture, but I would still want them to glow.  So for the lit windows
I would use something like:
rgb 1 glow 1
This method gives no problem with mirrors, because the glow_amount (or
whatever you call it) is part of the color which get reflected.
Refraction wouldn't give a problem either.

ZK
http://www.povplace.be.tf